Re: LifeCD

Hi Joe,

On 14.12.23 at 19:01, Joe wrote:
On Thu, 14 Dec 2023 13:41:04 +0200
yxcv@vienna.at wrote:

I no longer try to make the lifecd.img of debianworking perfect
and now I change to KNOPPER as it is really much better.

I really do recommend it.

Knoppix is excellent for the purposes for which it is designed. But it
is not upgradable, every new Knoppix must be a new installation.

yxcv does explicitly *not* want to install.

Debian is designed with a lot of effort going into making it upgradable
indefinitely, as well as for being a server OS. Knoppix is mainly
intended for troubleshooting, particularly hardware.

Quite so. And I doubt there are good ways to add a wide range of additional software, but that's something he or she will have to check out. Probably move to a different mailing list in between, though.

Cheers,

Arno

--
Arno Lehmann