Problem with php after upgrading to Bookworm

Greetings,

 As the subject states pages using php won't disply in the browser. All
I see is probably the php code. If I remember correctly, before the
upgrade php 7.4 was installed in my Bulleye installation. There is a
directory in /etc/php/7.4, although 8.2 is the default in Bookworm, but
there is no /etc/php/8.2 directory.

 I don't code/script, so I am completely lost here. Any help would be
appreciated. Any more info need to help out will be available.

TIA