Re: openssh: missing kex_exchange_identification ssh error messages with 1:9.5p1-2?

Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> I have the latest version!!! I recall that this is a Debian/unstable
> machine, which I upgrade regularly. So, everytime I get such an error,
> I have the latest client.
>
> Note also that this is an error that occurs randomly.

Then I'm sorry, that I can't help you more on this topic.
The given information is not enough to debug, and I'd never seen any other connection failure cases.

My advice is, even it's annoying to see a lot of verbose output on your terminal, that you can use options "-vvv" in your ssh call, like: ssh -vvv user@host date

As you have as well good as bad connections, try to compare that output from both types of ssh connections.

Best regards,
	Klaus.
--
Klaus Singvogel
GnuPG-Key-ID: 1024R/5068792D  1994-06-27