Re: 60-serial.rules, broken

On 6/9/23 07:25, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
[...]
I quote in full from the bash man page, section "INVOCATION" (I assume your
shell is bash):

bash it is, and I've even an older printout. I'll pursue this as I was not aware of it. Thank you Tomas.

   INVOCATION
        A login shell is one whose first character of argument zero is  a  -,  or
        one started with the --login option.

[...]

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)