Re: 60-serial.rules, broken

On Thu, Jun 08, 2023 at 09:08:59PM -0400, gene heskett wrote:

[...]

> Perhaps I've ben mistaken, but the files in /etc/udev/rules.d are not the
> same as /lib/udev/rules.d, so which one actually rules?

The one in /etc, as David said. Unless it doesn't exist.

This is actually the classical pattern of "layered configuration", which
is widespread in the UNIX world. You see that often with a system config
which can be overridden by a user config.

Sometimes you have even three layers: distro (e.g. lib), local (etc) and
user.

Cheers