60-serial.rules, broken

Greetings all;

/dev/serial/by-id has not been created for quite some time. The arm folks have had a patch script for quite a while but it has not been fixed in debian that we know of. I have 4 identical banana pi's, 3 of which seem to work, but the patch has not fixed the 4th on for some unk reason.

When a serial device is plugged into a usb point, /dev/ttyACM# is created on all 4 machines, but /dev/serial/by-id entries are not. Some of the 3d printer stuff uses that by-id thing to separate printers plugged into the same host, and the lack of a /dev/serial entry kills the 3d printer drivers.

Can anyone give us a hint as to when this will be addressed?

Thanks.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis