Re: Boot an EFI system with QEMU

Valentin Caracalla (12023-04-25):
> thanks a lot for the tip! However, I'm a complete novice when it comes to running custom firmware in QEMU. I just tried the following:
>
> 1.: Download the latest EDK2 release from Github:

I could boot a VM with a UEFI bootloader using only files packaged by
the host operating system, an old Ubuntu LTS, 18 IIRC. I do not have my
notes near at hand, but I found the procedure easily either on some
stackoverflow question or possibly in the answers of an AI search
engine, as I am frequently toying with them these days.

HtH

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George