Re: Debian installation using debootstrap and grub-install - no entry in ESC boot menu

vorubergehend@tutanota.com wrote:
>By the way:
>
>The disadvantage of using EFI is that it doesn't work in QEMU, i.e. the following will not show a GRUB command line:
>
>sudo qemu-system-x86_64 -accel kvm -smp 2 -m 2G /dev/sda
>
>The same thing works for the BIOS boot interface, however (as in my original recipe).

That's just qemu-system-x86_64 defaulting to using SeaBIOS for
firmware. I boot VMs in UEFI mode all the time, using the EDK2 binary
builds in the ovmf package.

< sladen> I actually stayed in a hotel and arrived to find a post-it
          note stuck to the mini-bar saying "Paul: This fridge and
          fittings are the correct way around and do not need altering"