linux kernel versions in stable

There are many signs of a new kernel version in the latest updates:
linux-libc-dev, linux-source, linux-kbuild all show an upgrade
available from 5.10.162-1 to 5.10.178-2.

Conspicuously absent are any of the linux-image packages; the most
recent ones are 5.10.162-1.  I figured they might just be delayed, but
https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/linux-signed-amd64 doesn't mention the
178 version at all.

What's up?

First, is upgrading the apparently partial list of packages advisable
without having the kernel against which, I presume, they were built,
present?

Second, is an upgraded linux-image coming, and where is it?

Thanks.
Ross