Re: gitification (was Re: /etc/fstab question (problem)?

>> It could be a sister project of Git.
>   there are other attempts which are done for it and
> process flows for me but i'd really prefer just a
> simple flag or environment variable i could set which
> would do it instead so then i'd be able to get rid of
> the gyrations.

AFAIK the Git maintainers aren't very interested in pushing Git in that
direction (i.e. a generic file storage tool), which is why I think it
needs to be a sister project (at least at first).

BTW, the `bup` tool does add some of the needed functionality
(e.g. storing metadata), but it's not developed with an eye towards
merging some of that extra functionality into Git, and it doesn't aim to
be a "generic file storage tool" either :-(

        Stefan