Re: gitification (was Re: /etc/fstab question (problem)?

Stefan Monnier wrote:
> FWIW, I think it makes perfect sense for Git to ignore such metadata
> in the context of the intended use of Git (i.e. tracking source code).

  it didn't make sense to me then and still doesn't
but whatever...  :)

> But I wish there was a concerted effort to develop/maintain "Git as
> a general purpose data storage tool" where various things can be tweaked
> depending on the use-case, such as storing metadata, trying to handle
> terabyte sized repositories, hash-splitting large files/directories, ...
>
> It could be a sister project of Git.

  there are other attempts which are done for it and
process flows for me but i'd really prefer just a
simple flag or environment variable i could set which
would do it instead so then i'd be able to get rid of
the gyrations.

  but it really sux to get a directory structure set
up how i'd like it and the forget that git has this
effect and then come back some time later and see the
mess it's made.

  songbird