gitification (was Re: /etc/fstab question (problem)?

David Wright wrote:
> I see nothing unreasonable. The only oddity to me is that the listings
> you give (which are from the backups, I assume) have today's date,
> which means that the backup method is not preserving the file metadata.
> (If you've not used partition 5 for a while, the dates should be old.)
> It doesn't affect what you're doing now, as all the originals are
> heading into oblivion, but I'd be reading the backup spec sometime
> to see if I could improve that.

  aside rant,

  thank gitification for that IMO.

  one of the worst design decisions i've come across in
the modern era was the lack of git respecting file metadata.

  i got bit by this a few weeks ago yet again.  i hate using
git because of it destroying my file meta data.

  songbird