Pillow fight [was: EPSON ET M 1120 ...]

On Sat, Apr 15, 2023 at 10:04:46AM +0000, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 15, 2023 at 07:17:23AM +0800, Bret Busby wrote:
> > Why not just everyone attack each other?
> >
> > This looks like an uncontrolled pillow fight.

It does, indeed.

[...]

> Agreed: in this instance, however, we've had a series of emails from this
> person in the past. Most of them don't reset a subject so go on a long time
> on various subjects in the same thread.

Seconded. For whatever reason, the OP can't do better. (S)he is known
to eventually come back on help proposals. Communication is sometimes
difficult. If that rubs you the wrong way, please just abstain.

Pouring vitriol on people should be saved for very specific cases. This
doesn't seem an appropriate one.

> That said: people - please remember that this list is subject to the Code
> of Conduct. Part of that involves being constructive and helpful: sniping
> doesn't really help at all.

Thanks. Fully agreed.

Cheers