Re: t-bird vs filters to sort msgs

On Sunday 11 December 2022 09:51:05 am gene heskett wrote:
> Greetings all;
>
> Nov 22 is the last time that about half my filters stopped working. I
> have recreated 3 or 4, putting them at the top of filter list displayed,
> but they don't work either.
>
> Is it time to learn a new to me but more stable emailer, like
> alpine or such?
>
> The error log claims the messages were properly sorted, but the targeted
> local folder remains empty and the message remains in the inbox. Most of
> the errors it does log are swahili to me.
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett.

Gene,

I prefer the maildir rather than mbox format,  which narrows my choices somewhat.  What I ended up doing was running virtualbox with a rather early version of Slackware in there,  with the correspondingly early version of KDE,  and use kmail to do all of my mail.  Filters are rather extensive,  since I keep on adding spammers to that list,  and haven't given me any trouble,  so far.

-
M Dakin