t-bird vs filters to sort msgs

Greetings all;

Nov 22 is the last time that about half my filters stopped working. I have recreated 3 or 4, putting them at the top of filter list displayed, but they don't work either.

Is it time to learn a new to me but more stable emailer, like
alpine or such?

The error log claims the messages were properly sorted, but the targeted local folder remains empty and the message remains in the inbox. Most of the errors it does log are swahili to me.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis