Rebooting [was: how to add more ipv6 addresses to an interface that is being configured through dhcpv6]

On Tue, Nov 15, 2022 at 02:03:19PM -0000, Curt wrote:

> [...] (whether this is a somehow invalidating reminder of
> Microsoft Windows is left as the traditional exercise):

I know that smugness. I'm old, after all :-)

That said, as age accrues, I've learnt an upside of rebooting after
sweeping config changes: you fail early and know you've rendered
your system unbootable at a point in time where you still remember
what you've done, and not half-a-year-later when the data centre
has a power failure at 3AM and you are finding it difficult to
remember your own name.

Cheers