Re: how to add more ipv6 addresses to an interface that is being configured through dhcpv6

On 14/11/2022 12:07 am, hw wrote:
> > Hi, > > the subject says it ... I have an interface that is being configured > with IPv4 and IPv6 addresses via dhcp. I need to assign an > additional IPv6 address to the interface. > > > > How do I additionally assign fd53::40/16?
I faced exactly the same problem on a recent new install of Debian 11.

I decided to use systemd-networkd service and removed most of the stuff from /etc/network/interfaces

This is my /etc/systemd/network/wired.lan.network file (name arbitrary)

I also get an additional static IPv4 address

cat /etc/systemd/network/wired_lan.network
[Match]
Name=enp7s0
[Network]
DHCP=yes
Address=192.168.0.10/24
Gateway=192.168.0.1
DNS=192.168.0.4 192.168.0.5
Address= 2345:0425:2CA1::0567:5673:23b5/64
IPv6PrivacyExtensions=yes
IPv6AcceptRA=yes
Domains=lan exampledomain.com
[IPv6AcceptRA]