Re: how to add more ipv6 addresses to an interface that is being configured through dhcpv6

On 14/11/22 19:14, hw wrote:
On Mon, 2022-11-14 at 07:50 +0800, jeremy ardley wrote:

I decided to use systemd-networkd service and removed most of the stuff
from /etc/network/interfaces
[...]
Thanks!  I considered installing network manager, but the Debian wiki gave me
the impression that it isn't exactly a good idea for a server, and I didn't want
the overhead that comes with it.

Network Manager is terrible. Some of the instructions include you having to reboot your system to make chages take.

systemd-networkd is a different software package entirely. And it works pretty well.

It has excellent documentation and for all my use-cases at least, it has simple and reliable way to implement them.

One essential is to completely remove NetworkManager from your system using

systemctl mask NetworkManager

And then get on with real network configuration.

You can use the old networking service, but with a fairly obscure configuration. However, systemd-networkd works as well (and better) with an easier configuration.

--
Jeremy