Re: how to add more ipv6 addresses to an interface that is being configured through dhcpv6

On Tue 15 Nov 2022 at 05:17:33 (+0800), jeremy ardley wrote:
> On 15/11/22 00:22, Curt wrote:
> > On 2022-11-14, jeremy ardley <jeremy@ardley.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > Network Manager is terrible. Some of the instructions include you having
> > > to reboot your system to make chages take.
> > What "instructions" would those be, and of what provenance, that require a
> > system reboot rather than a restart of networking to make changes "take"
> > in Network Manager?
> >
> Just search for NetworkManager bug
> But for one example of many for rebooting, see
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/NetworkManager

Hmm. I searched that page and could only find two mentions of
rebooting. The first says:

  "You will need to restart NetworkManager.service or reboot for this
  to start working"

so that doesn't count. The second says:

  "1. Install wireless-regdb.
   2. Uncomment the correct country code in /etc/conf.d/wireless-regdom.
   3. Reboot the system, because the setting is only read on boot."

AFAICT from
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Network_configuration/Wireless#Respecting_the_regulatory_domain
the reason that a reboot is advised after changing your regulatory
domain is to reload kernel modules cfg80211 and dependencies.
I don't understand why that should be laid at the feet of NM;
I use iwd, and would expect the same to apply.

I suppose it might be possible with care to reload the kernel modules
without rebooting anyway, though I'm not sure whether I have the means
to test for success using this method. In any case, as an expat,
I don't care to test the authorities' reaction to running equipment in
the wrong domain.

Cheers,
David.