RFC: What would be the "correct debian way" to clean up unwanted languages from an installation?

Hello,

every backup contains loads of unnecessary language files, and i saw
them scroll by during rsync. So one day, i wanted to get rid of those.

What a surprise: doing it in my (rather simplistic) fashion, i got rid
of almost 1,5 GB from every buster machine, i had ... only to find, that
they were eventually coming back through system updates. :-(

But - since my know-how on debian is very restrained - i did create a
script, that allowed me to examine the situation more easily, without
damaging the install, i was looking at. And only after verification did
i run the removal. (BTW: in bullseye, i found there was much less
unnecessary stuff) But still, the deleted files came back through
updates, because i dont know, how to tell apt about my removals the
proper way.

Would anyone be willing to take a look at what i have been doing and
guide me to a resolution of the missing parts?

My current (bash) script can be found here:
https://paste.debian.net/1260563/

Thank you for your attention
DdB