Re: /boot size and kernel updates

Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:

> Ideally, you shouldn't need more than the current kernel and, perhaps, the
> previous version. If the current kernel works on the reboot, then you should
> be able to remove all previous variants with the same major version number.

It used to be that I could leave the old kernel installed.  After a
third kernel got installed, an "apt autoremove" would remove the old
one.  I found that much more convenient than what I currently have to
do, which is (remember to) manually delete the old kernel before
installing the third one.  But it requires space in /boot for 3 images.

best wishes,
mike