Re: RFC: What would be the "correct debian way" to clean up unwanted languages from an installation?

Hello,

On Sun, Nov 13, 2022 at 04:32:51PM +0100, DdB wrote:
> Would anyone be willing to take a look at what i have been doing and
> guide me to a resolution of the missing parts?
>
> My current (bash) script can be found here:
> https://paste.debian.net/1260563/

There is an existing package "localpurge" in Debian that does this.
Here's more info:

    https://sleeplessbeastie.eu/2018/09/03/how-to-remove-useless-localizations/

I've only used it in one place but it worked fine.

It also manages dpkg configuration to filter out the relevant file paths
from future installation.

Cheers,
Andy