Re: deduplicating file systems: VDO with Debian?

On 2022-11-07, hw <hw@adminart.net> wrote:

> None of this applies in this case.  Are you saying that deduplication is not
> possible with Debian?

curty@einstein:~$ apt-cache search deduplication
backuppc - high-performance, enterprise-grade system for backing up PCs
borgbackup - deduplicating and compressing backup program
borgbackup-doc - deduplicating and compressing backup program (documentation)
jdupes - identify and delete or link duplicate files
libsxclient-dev - Scalable public and private cloud storage
libsxclient3 - Scalable public and private cloud storage
sx - Scalable public and private cloud storage
zbackup - Versatile deduplicating backup tool

I had to look up the word deduplicate (I was going to say, "That isn't even a
word!"), which reveals my extensive knowledge of the matter.