deduplicating file systems: VDO with Debian?

Hi,

I discovered that Redhat has VDO[1] to take care of deduplicating file systems.
Aptitude didn't find any packages towards that.

Is there no VDO in Debian, and what would be good to use for deduplication with
Debian?  Why isn't VDO in the stardard kernel? Or is it?

I'm not looking for deduplication that happens some time after files have
already been written like btrfs would allow: There is no point in deduplicating
backups after they're done because I don't need to save disk space for them when
I can fit them in the first place.

[1]:
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/8/html/deduplicating_and_compressing_storage/deploying-vdo_deduplicating-and-compressing-storage#doc-wrapper