Re: How to can make a partition in my hard disk ?

Hello,

On Wed, Oct 19, 2022 at 09:39:59PM -0400, Greg Wooledge wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 19, 2022 at 07:26:06PM -0600, William Torrez Corea wrote:
> > *What made you decide the slowness is due to a missing partition?*
> >
> > I don't know, i assume this.
>
> I'm utterly at a loss to understand how anyone could observe these
> symptoms, and then conclude that the cause is "not enough separate
> disk partitions".

I know multiple people who describe the main enclosure that contains
all the innards of the computer as "the CPU" and do not know whether
the term "storage" refers to hard disks, SSDs or memory.

Yesterday a friend exasperatedly said to me, "a user came to me and
asked what web site they should use 'to download things'. I had no
idea what they were talking about. They got quite upset at my
questioning. Eventually we worked out they were trying to remember
where they bought things (Amazon)".

Imagine what it would be like talking any of these people through a
problem with their computer.

Someone famous once said, "the only intuitive interface is the
nipple".

I suspect that most of the really lost people don't even make it as
far as posting to debian-user!

Thanks,
Andy