Re: How to can make a partition in my hard disk ?

William Torrez Corea composed on 2022-10-19 15:51 (UTC-0600):

> Jude DaShiell wrote:

>> This is likely inaccurate information.
>> What output returns when you run:
>> lsblk /dev/sda?
>> First requirement for a new partition is available space.

> I have the following output:

> NAME   MAJ:MIN RM   SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
> sda      8:0    0 931.5G  0 disk
> ├─sda1   8:1    0 922.7G  0 part /
> └─sda2   8:2    0   8.8G  0 part [SWAP]
>
> I have 770.83 GB free memory

That's not the important amount free. The command should have been:

	lsblk -f /dev/sda

or in addition,

	df /

What you described in your OP is a typical symptom of lack of adequate freespace
on the / filesystem, not a problem having to do with partitioning. You may be in
need of running

	apt autoremove

and/or

	apt clean

to free the / filesystem of unneeded and obsolete files.
--
Evolution as taught in public schools is, like religion,
	based on faith, not based on science.

Felix Miata