Re: sigc++ library missing object.h file

On Fri, Oct 07, 2022 at 07:11:51PM -0400, The Wanderer wrote:
> > First question: do you have the relevant -dev package installed?
>
> $ apt-file search object.h | grep '/object\.h$' | grep sigc | wc -l
> 0
>
> I suspect that that may not be a relevant question in this case; it
> doesn't look like the relevant -dev package contains that file
> (anymore). Unless the package is available in some other repo, such that
> this search wouldn't find it; I have stable and testing enabled, but not
> unstable or oldstable or experimental or anything of the sort.

I did a search of oldstable on packages.debian.org and it's not there
either.  I'm guessing it's something that existed in an older version
of this development package, and has been deprecated.

You would need at least a decent understanding of this libsigc++ package
to know for sure.

Just for grins, what happens if you comment out that #include?  Maybe
the functions/whatever which used to be defined in this header file
are already being defined somewhere else.

Hey, you might get lucky.

> What would need to be done here is to update the codebase of that older
> program to work with the updated API (etc.) of the newer libsigc++.

If you *don't* get lucky, then it's this.