Re: sigc++ library missing object.h file

On 2022-10-07 at 18:57, Charles Curley wrote:

> On Fri, 7 Oct 2022 14:54:29 -0700
> "Gary L. Roach" <garyroach719@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I've been trying to compile an older program from source code and
>> keep getting the error missing sigc++/object.h file. I looked at the
>> available versions of libsigc++ and found that none of them include
>> an object.h sub directory.
>
> First question: do you have the relevant -dev package installed?

$ apt-file search object.h | grep '/object\.h$' | grep sigc | wc -l
0

I suspect that that may not be a relevant question in this case; it
doesn't look like the relevant -dev package contains that file
(anymore). Unless the package is available in some other repo, such that
this search wouldn't find it; I have stable and testing enabled, but not
unstable or oldstable or experimental or anything of the sort.

What would need to be done here is to update the codebase of that older
program to work with the updated API (etc.) of the newer libsigc++. That
would require knowing more about libsigc++ than I do, and also knowing
at least some amount about the source of the program itself, which - as
we haven't been told even what program it is - I certainly don't.

--
   The Wanderer