Re: ssh -X authentication with sudo

On Wed, 05 Oct 2022 15:52:58 +0300
Anssi Saari <as@sci.fi> wrote:

Hello Anssi,

>I only run one, GParted. As I don't mess around with partitions that
>often I want a clear GUI tool that hopefully shows me if I'm about to do
>something catastrophical. IOW, I don't see an alternative.

AFAIR, you run GParted as a user and at the appropriate time, the user
is required to enter a password(1)(2).  Maybe their own, or maybe root's.
It depends on how the system is set up.

(1)  The Policykit dependency is an indication that root privileges are
required, and that GParted can/will escalate to root (or at least user
with admin privileges) as required.

(2)  It's /years/ since I ran GParted, but KDE Partition Manager - which
does the same job - requires escalation at start up.

--
 Regards  _
         / )      "The blindingly obvious is never immediately apparent"