Mount NFS hangs

Hi,

I need to mount a directory from a debian 11 server to a debian 10 client.

I can successfully do (pls ignore spurious line break):

mount -t nfs -o _netdev tony-fr:/mnt/sharedfolder
/mnt/sharedfolder_client

but the user id is incorrect. If I now try:

mount -t nfs -o _netdev,uid=1002 tony-fr:/mnt/sharedfolder /mnt/sharedfolder_client

the command hangs in terminal. Uid 1002 is valid in the /etc/passwd file on both machines.

Any suggestion on how to fix this please?

cheers, Tony