Re: Installing on Rock Pi 4

> IIRC, debian.net is third-party. Since Debian says it supports this
> hardware, I would really like to avoid using third-party files.

I think the issue is that "Debian support" is distinct from "Debian
installer support".  So you may need to use some other means to install
Debian than the official Debian installer.

Personally I can't remember the last time I used the Debian installer to
install Debian.  Instead I usually rely on things like `debootstrap`
(and for little boxes like the Rock Pi, I usually rely on third party
tools to install a boot loader and then configure the boot loader by
hand to load Debian's own kernel and initramfs (and occasionally compile
my own kernel by hand when the hardware is not supported well-enough by
the vanilla kernel)).

        Stefan