Re: cups broken FIXED!!!!

On 7/14/22 13:08, Brian wrote:
On Thu 14 Jul 2022 at 11:56:10 -0400, gene heskett wrote:

On 7/14/22 05:19, Brian wrote:
[...]
But now the "add printer" just re-configures the existing one. "Add"
does not make a new profile. I need both profiles to show up in both
firefox's, print dialog, and in the system dialog if you scroll all the
way down in the FF dialog  and select that instead.

How can is this done with this new cups?
Just specify a new destination name: XXX instead of AAA. Keep the same
URI (the connection).

To cups that destination=queuename, so I added _photo to the first columns name.
like this:

Brother_MFC-J6920DW_photo

You're da man, it works! I loaded tray 1 with 40 or so sheets of good glossy
photo paper, face down in the tray cuz it turns it glossy side up to print.
Beautiful test page. Took it about 2 minutes wall time. But I had to cheat
and tell it it was brother paper. More like wallmart's better stuff.

Thank you very much Brian.
Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis