Re: cups broken

On Wed 13 Jul 2022 at 16:10:56 -0400, gene heskett wrote:

> On 7/13/22 15:14, Brian wrote:
> > On Wed 13 Jul 2022 at 13:21:07 -0400, gene heskett wrote:
> >
> > [Broken lines mended to give a readable original post.]
> >
> Blame that in tbird.

Yet another part of the compting experience tou are unable to
control?

> > > I give up, the driverless printer cups installs automaticaly cannot be
> > > deleted and has taken over from the brother drivers that work,
> > > preventing me from using the printer at all.
> > >
> > > So how do I disable the driverless junk? Is that a separate package
> > > that is removable?  cups doesn't even offer to disable this
> > > non-working garbage.  Thanks for any good clues.
> > Driverless printing is only possible when avahi-daemon is on the
> > system. Your solution is obvious.
> >
> avahi-daemon 0.8-5 is installed.

Is this the avahi-daemon that, in the past, you have characterised as
unfit to be used on a local network and that didn't deserve any of
your disk space.

>                                 See the ppd driverless attached to my
> previous msg it just now made.
> It looks busted to me.

Broken files are best not used. Remove and follow my previos advice.

--
Brian.