Re: cups broken

> On 13 Jul 2022, at 18:21, gene heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:
> I give up, the driverless printer cups installs automaticaly cannot be deleted and has
> taken over from the brother drivers that work, preventing me from using the printer at all.
>
> So how do I disable the driverless junk? Is that a separate package that is removable?
> cups doesn't even offer to disable this non-working garbage.
> Thanks for any good clues.

Hi Gene,

Out of interest, which model printer(s) has the issue?

There are options in

/etc/cups/cupsd.conf

to disable automatic queue creation for autodetected IPP/dns-sd/etc/etc printers.

You may find that

# lpinfo -v

copy the ipp:// url for the printer concerned

Then

# lpadmin -p QUEUENAME -v IPP_URL_HERE -E -m everywhere

produces a functional queue

Thanks
Gareth