Re: cups broken

On Wed 13 Jul 2022, at 20:36, Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:
> On Wed 13 Jul 2022 at 20:12:28 +0100, Gareth Evans wrote:
[...]
>> Hi Gene,
>>
>> Out of interest, which model printer(s) has the issue?
>>
>> There are options in
>>
>> /etc/cups/cupsd.conf
>>
>> to disable automatic queue creation for autodetected IPP/dns-sd/etc/etc printers.
>

> No such options exist in cupsd.conf.

Hi Brian,

I meant cups-browsed.conf at least as regards IPP network printer queues, which I think might remain helpful despite revision of the problem description.  I had momentarily confused DNS-SD as being one of whatever everywhere, driverless etc are.

$ cat /etc/cups/cups-browsed.conf
<snip>
# Set CreateIPPPrinterQueues to "No" to not auto-create print queues
# for IPP network printers.
<snip>
# CreateIPPPrinterQueues No
# CreateIPPPrinterQueues LocalOnly
# CreateIPPPrinterQueues Everywhere
# CreateIPPPrinterQueues AppleRaster
# CreateIPPPrinterQueues Everywhere AppleRaster
# CreateIPPPrinterQueues Driverless
# CreateIPPPrinterQueues All

Best wishes,
Gareth