Re: Editing the DNS with Network Manager Non Root

On Fri 13 May 2022 at 20:49:27 (-0400), Greg Wooledge wrote:

> Is it better now?  Or are there still MORE things that should be obvious
> and straightforward but are in fact traps set by the Debian developers
> to make the lives of their users more difficult?

I would certainly have benefited from reading that back in March, thanks.

I wonder whether it might be worth adding (my addition within ●●):

  … both provide the same program, ●which are allegedly identical
  at the commandline but implemented completely differently,● so you …

And would it be correct to add:

  If resolvconf is installed ●and you're using ifupdown●,
  you can [add] dns-nameserver entries in the appropriate
  stanza(s) in /etc/network/interfaces:

I'm not certain about whether all the other network
configurator's ignore any interface that's mentioned in
/e/n/i, like wicd did and NetworkManager is alleged to do.

Cheers,
David.