Re: Editing the DNS with Network Manager Non Root

On Fri, May 13, 2022 at 05:27:30PM -0400, Greg Wooledge wrote:

> If my BEST EFFORTS fall that far short, then whatever.  Maybe instead
> of berating the wiki and the hard-working editors who TRIED OUR DAMNED
> BEST to figure this shit out and document it for the world, you could,
> like, help out?  Make it better?
>
> *snort*  Yeah.  Right.

As expected, I have to do it all myself.

Is it better now?  Or are there still MORE things that should be obvious
and straightforward but are in fact traps set by the Debian developers
to make the lives of their users more difficult?

You know what I'm talking about, right?  What, you don't?  Here is a
quote from the resolvconf.conf(5) man page:

  NAME

  resolvconf.conf — resolvconf configuration file

  DESCRIPTION

  resolvconf.conf is the configuration file for resolvconf(8).

I defy anybody to read this and figure out that it really means "it's
the openresolv configuration file, used by the resolvconf(8) program
which is provided by the openresolv package, but NOT by the resolvconf(8)
program which is provided by the resolvconf package".