Re: Installation fails to recognize SSD

On Wed, May 11, 2022 at 1:41 PM Andrew M.A. Cater <amacater@einval.com> wrote:
> OK - Optane - do you have a regular SSD setting as well as Optane memory
>  assisted SSD?

There is only one SSD on the notebook, I think there is no Optane
memory anywhere.

> Can you run lspci / grep the output of dmesg for a disk? I'd suspect that
> you might find NVME which is not /dev/sd* .

Yes. The disk is NVMe, I can see that on the old Linux install.
Exiting the installation to ash shell and then running lspci -v | grep
-i nvme returns nothing. Running lspci -v | grep -i ata returns:

    RAID bus controller: Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile SATA
Controller [RAID mode]

So I guess it is a problem of RAID mode SSD operation, but I can't change that.

Running dmesg | grep -i nvme returns:

    ahci 0000:00:17.0: Found 1 remapped NVMe devices.

I'm running the testing installation with non-free firmware because of
the the wifi:
    https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/weekly-builds/amd64/iso-cd/

I suppose there is no newer installer than that.

--
Bruno Schneider