Running Sky Go on Debian

Greetings,

this might be slightly OT, on the other hand it might be of some
interest to others, so please excuse me.

For years I am trying to find a way to use the Sky Go PayTV service on
Debian, I don't like booting Windows for that. For a short time, they
had a good web player, but they replaced it with a crappy app which is
only available for Android, Windows and MacOS.

Here is what I tried over the years:
- Windows VM: Works, but video performance is unaccepatble (tested with
KVM/libvirt, VirtualBox, VMWare Player).
- Wine: No chance.
- Anbox / Waydroid: App complaining about non-supported/rooted device (IIRC)
- Genymotion with GApps installed: I can login, but the app refuses to
work and complains about Geo location. I turned on virtual GPS, but this
did not help.

Do you have any idea for me? (Yes, I am already planing to switch
completely to more decent streaming services, but I cannot fully replace
Sky / SkyGo / Sky Ticket, because I want to watch some football games.)

Regards,
Christian

--
http://www.cb-fraggle.de