Re: Installation fails to recognize SSD

On Wed, May 11, 2022 at 01:20:39PM -0300, Bruno Schneider wrote:
> On Tue, May 10, 2022 at 11:18 PM David Christensen wrote:
> > I have Dell Latitude 5400 laptop that I have been experimenting with:
> >
> > 1.  Changing CMOS "Settings" -> "System Configuration" -> "SATA
> > Operation" from "RAID On" to "AHCI" allows Debian to see the internal SSD.
>
> No such thing on my "InsydeH20 Setup Utility". There is a "SATA Mode:
> RST with Optane", but that is information, not an option. I don't see
> anything else related to SATA.
>
> --
> Bruno Schneider

OK - Optane - do you have a regular SSD setting as well as Optane memory
 assisted SSD? There are some caveats that say that using Optane memory to
speed up the SSD may only work in Windows 10.

Can you run lspci / grep the output of dmesg for a disk? I'd suspect that
you might find NVME which is not /dev/sd* .

Last check: You are trying to install the latest Bullseye release?

All the very best, as ever,

Andy Cater