Re: networking.service: start operation timed out [SOLVED]

On Wed, Aug 31, 2022 at 08:49:29AM +0800, Jeremy Ardley wrote:
> One of my problems with systemd is the that name resolution is by default
> done by resolved.

Not in Debian.

unicorn:~$ systemctl status systemd-resolved
● systemd-resolved.service - Network Name Resolution
     Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/systemd-resolved.service; disabled; ve>
     Active: inactive (dead)
       Docs: man:systemd-resolved.service(8)
             man:org.freedesktop.resolve1(5)
             https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/writing-network->
             https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/writing-resolver>

That's the Debian default.  I didn't have to disable it, although I
certainly *would* have, had the default been otherwise.