Re: Debian 11, Chrome and .asp pages

On Sun, Aug 28, 2022 at 09:13:43AM -0400, gene heskett wrote:
> On 8/28/22 08:27, Greg Wooledge wrote:
> > We would need to know THE ACTUAL URL the OP is trying to use, and THE
> > ACTUAL SYMPTOMS they are seeing.  That would be a minimal starting
> > point for trying to diagnose the situation.
> >
> > Other supporting information would be things like "I tried in the
> > following web browsers _____, and this is what happened _____."  Or,
> > "I also tried from a Windows PC on the same internal network, using
> > the ______ web browser, and this is what happened _______."
> >
> > Or, "My /etc/resolv.conf which is generated by the router's DHCP contains
> > this __________."  Or even, "My /etc/resolv.conf which is NOT generated
> > by DHCP, but instead is maintained by me, contains ________."
> >
> > You know, a sensible sharing of information.
> A quite reasonable request, however I'd sanitize any numerical addresses in
> such
> info before publishing it...

WHY?

What POSSIBLE reason is there to hide the internal IPv4 network address
that you're using?

Here's my /etc/resolv.conf WITHOUT HIDING ADDRESSES, because hiding that
information would be UTTERLY POINTLESS:

unicorn:~$ cat /etc/resolv.conf
search wooledge.org
nameserver 127.0.0.1
nameserver 10.0.0.1
nameserver 8.8.8.8

127.0.0.1 is of course loopback, so the first nameserver that's used is
my locally running caching resolver.

10.0.0.1 is the router's internal IP address (on ethernet), so the second
nameserver used is the router's mostly-forwarding builtin resolver.

The last-resort nameserver is Google's 8.8.8.8.

Why would you think that ANY of these addresses should be hidden?  The
only results of hiding this information would be to make your email take
longer to write, and to make your problem harder to solve.