Re: Debian 11, Chrome and .asp pages

On Sat, Aug 27, 2022 at 07:05:46PM -0400, Timothy M Butterworth wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 27, 2022 at 6:48 PM Greg Wooledge <greg@wooledge.org> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Aug 27, 2022 at 12:28:38PM -0600, tony mollica wrote:
> > > Yes, no problems accessing the .asp pages with Debian 10 and chrome.
> > Both
> > > 10 and 11 have the latest Chrome version.
> >
> > Wait, wait, wait, wait.
> >
> > I am *so* confused right now.  Is the Debian system the WEB SERVER, or
> > is it the WEB BROWSER
> >

> The Debian system is the web browser, a SOHO router is the server.

So the problem is *not* "I have a .asp site and my web server stopped
serving it properly", but rather "my browser is trying to hit a URL
that happens to end with .asp and it's not working".

Then all the focus on the 4 characters .asp in the URL are a complete
red herring.

What's the actual *symptom*?  What does the web browser say or do when
hitting this URL?