Re: Customizing firefox-esr.

On Tue, Jun 28, 2022 at 10:55:13AM -0400, The Wanderer wrote:
> > A second click?
>
> That shouldn't be necessary. In my environment (albeit with a much older
> version of Firefox, so probably using an older GTK as well), a single
> click in the address bar sets the insertion point without selecting.

That stopped being the case in modern Firefox a few years ago.  Your
ancient version retains the sensible Unix-like semantics that most
people on this mailing list would expect from an X application.

Sadly, Firefox and Chrome no longer behave like regular X applications.
They're written by and for Microsoft Windows users, and they behave
the way an MS Windows user expects.

The concept that anyone would want the original behavior, or that an
option should be offered to the user, is not one that will occur to
these developers.

It's no use even trying.