Re: Customizing firefox-esr.

On 2022-06-28 at 10:47, David Wright wrote:

> On Tue 28 Jun 2022 at 06:28:06 (-0700), peter@easthope.ca wrote:
>
>> I'm interested in two details of firefox-esr behaviour.
>>
>> (1) The usual result of a click of the mouse pointer in a graphical
>>  text editor is a setting of the insertion point.  Dragging the
>> pointer selects an extent.
>>
>> A click of the pointer in the address bar of firefox selects the
>> complete URL. Does anyone have a simple configuration so that a
>> click sets the insertion point without selecting?
>
> A second click?

That shouldn't be necessary. In my environment (albeit with a much older
version of Firefox, so probably using an older GTK as well), a single
click in the address bar sets the insertion point without selecting.

The most likely cause of the difference is a change in either the
behavior of Firefox itself, or the behavior of the GTK backend which
provides some aspects of Firefox's behavior (e.g., scrollbars). If this
is actually one of the features that's controlled by GTK, the second
most likely would be the local configuration of that backend. Third most
likely would be some other aspect of the environment.

--
   The Wanderer