Re: Proprietary WiFi drivers for live mode

> Sorry, but I can't see the attraction of a live system, as opposed to
> just building the Debian system on a stick. Care to explain?

Speaking as someone who's used such a "Debian system on a stick" as
a kind of replacement for a Debian live (mostly as a rescue
environment, really): I suspect the attraction is that Debian Live has
already been tuned for that use case (I had to make various minor
changes to fix annoyances when "moving" the stick between systems), and
more importantly that it shouldn't get corrupted just because you
unplugged the stick at an "unfavorable" time.

I've had to "redo" my stick a few times and I strongly suspect it was
because USB sticks aren't very reliable when it gets to unplugging them
while in the middle of a write (and a normal Debian install can write
to your stick without your explicit prompting, of course).

Note: this was my experience almost 10 years ago.  Not sure it's
still relevant.  And technically, I still think a normal Debian install
tweaked to be more like Debian Live should be superior.

        Stefan