Re: Proprietary WiFi drivers for live mode

On Sun, Jun 26, 2022 at 09:28:21AM -0500, David Wright wrote:

[...]

> > I am doing all this, when building kali-linux live-system, which building is
> > almost the same as a debian-live system.
> >
> > Give it a try, maybe it helps.
>
> Sorry, but I can't see the attraction of a live system, as opposed to
> just building the Debian system on a stick. Care to explain?

If I understand correctly, a live system

 - is thought to cope with a broader range of hardware (meaning: it
   doesn't know exactly which hardware it's going to wake up on next)
 - is not supposed to touch the host system persistent storage (aka
   disks)
 - is not supposed to scribble on its own medium (unless you've set
   aside a partition for that)

Perhaps it just has a tmpfs overlaid on its file system, so any change
is only ephemeral.

so it is a slightly different usage profile than tailor-fitting a USB
stick for a given target system.

Both have their uses.

Cheers