Re: Need advice on known work with linux graphics card.

On 24/06/2022 21:47, The Wanderer wrote:

I wouldn't go *quite* that far; my understanding is that, especially if
AMD has recently released a new Radeon model series, the *very* newest
may not have its drivers available yet - or they may at least not be in
the repositories.

I agree, no need to grab absolutely newest-pre-order product. Just buy
2021 or early 2022 released GPU for example, and you will be fine.

For myself, I generally stick with the "best bang for the buck" Radeon
GPU from whichever generation is the next-to-latest at the time of
purchase. In my case, I'm currently running a Radeon RX 5700 XT, which
fit that criterion when I went to build this machine, and once I worked
out what group membership I needed to have in order to access the
correct device nodes I've had no trouble with it.

Had that one too (5700XT). Both mine and your models are very solid and
everything just works. I am sure thread author will be happy in Radeon camp.

--
With kindest regards, Piotr.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org/