Re: non installed printer can not be removed

On 2022-06-19 at 14:50, Brian wrote:

> On Sun 19 Jun 2022 at 08:48:43 -0400, gene heskett wrote:

>> cups has an annoying habit of considering any printer it scanning
>> protocol detects as precious. To me its a bug.
>
> I do not understand what you are trying to say here. What is this
> "scanning protocol"?

I interpret this as being a reference to the (IIRC) mDNS-based system by
which CUPS detects that printers are present on the network.

> What does being "precious" involve?

I'm less certain about this, but my guess is that it means that CUPS
insists on having these detected printers listed as available, rather
than permitting them to be deleted from the list of available printers
and having them remain that way.

--
   The Wanderer