Re: Remove package source from apt(-get)

On Sun, 22 May 2022 11:49:42 -0400
The Wanderer <wanderer@fastmail.fm> wrote:

> > The same happens with : "W: An error occurred during the signature
> > verification. The repository is not updated and the previous index
> > files will be used. GPG error:
> > https://packages.microsoft.com/repos/edge stable InRelease: The
> > following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is
> > not available: NO_PUBKEY EB3E94ADBE1229CF" after installing
> > MS-Edge.
>
> For this, you'd need to either remove the repository that was added
> for updating Edge, or obtain the public key for that repository and
> configure your system to recognize it (offhand I don't remember how to
> do that latter, but I think it involves special syntax in the
> /etc/apt/sources.list* file).

Usually, when I get a missing pubkey error, I simply search on the
missing key. Such a search turns up this page:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/1245227/how-to-add-the-apt-key-for-microsoft-packages

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com